Contains notes and lessons in working technology, especially .NET, Azure, DevOps, Agile, and Team Foundation Server.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

BRD Lite Rangers HOL–Web deployment task failed

Going through the HOL Lab for the BRD Lite Team Build process template, I received the error “Web deployment task failed” after changing the connection string to remove the ‘sqlExpress’ instance.  Yet it still failed, even when I changed it to run under the Admin account.  After turning on the Diagnostic detail, it turned out to be a different project issue:

image

This was because I had to change the connection string in the web project properties under the Package/Publish SQL tab.  Once I removed the ‘sqlexpress’ value from the Data Source, my build succeeded.

image